Saturday, July 08, 2006

Atheist Law Center Disbanded

Larry Darby, the Holocaust denier who lost his race for Alabama attorney general in the Democratic primary this year, announced yesterday that he has formally dissolved his organization, the Atheist Law Center. Darby said the Center was formed to advocate for separation between religion and government. His statement on the closing of the Center was riddled with anti-Semitic rhetoric. He concluded by stating: "I no longer categorically deny the existence of God. My views have changed based on experiences or understanding of the world around me. I appreciate the wisdom of Thomas Jefferson who, in the Declaration of Independence, spoke of the laws of nature and of nature's God. I agree with moral precepts put forth by Jesus of Nazareth and I am Christian in a sense that Jesus of Nazareth would approve."