Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year and Thanks To Religion Clause Readers

Dear Religion Clause Readers,

Happy New Year! As 2007 begins, let me thank all of you for your readership, your comments, the material you send to me, and the links to Religion Clause that you place on your own websites and blogs. Thanks in particular to my regular readers, some of whom tell me that they check the blog every day. Please continue to keep in touch. The e-mail address for communicating with me about Religion Clause has recently changed. You should now send your e-mails to this NEW address: religionclause@bex.net

Readership of Religion Clause during 2006 has grown steadily. Shortly after midnight ushered in 2007, the Religion Clause site meter (measuring readers since the blog began) turned to 104,271. In 2006, Religion Clause attracted over 82,000 readers. I hope this means that there continues to be a need for serious, non-ideological, coverage of legal and political developments relating to religious liberty and to church-state relationships.

Over the last year, international developments have become a more significant portion of my coverage. Increasingly nations around the world-- even though they may have different legal systems-- are facing issues similar to those that regularly arise in the United States, as well as fascinating issues that are unique to their legal systems and traditions. I hope that you find these as fascinating as I do.

Best wishes for 2007,

Howard M. Friedman