Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year 2011 To Religion Clause Readers!

Dear Religion Clause Readers:

Happy New Year! As we enter 2011, I want to again thank all of you who read Religion Clause-- both long time followers and those who have joined us more recently. And thanks to all of you who send me leads to new developments or who alert me to needed corrections or to your concerns about coverage of particular developments. These help me in my attempts to be complete and accurate. I read all of your e-mails and appreciate receiving them, even though I cannot always acknowledge them. Normally when I blog on a story sent to me by a reader, I mention the sender. If you do not want me to mention you, I will be happy to honor that request if you let me know when sending me information.

It has been a good year for Religion Clause blog. It was nominated by the American Bar Association as one of the top 100 legal blogs in 2010.  The site meter shows that the blog has attracted nearly 917,000 visits since I created it in 2005. Approximately 244,000 of these visits were registered in 2010-- a small increase over 2009. Accessing Religion Clause through its Twitter feed (@ReligionClause) appears to be increasingly popular.

Religion Clause's established format of neutrality, broad coverage and links to extensive primary source material has made it a widely-recognized authoritative source for keeping up on church-state and religious liberty developments around the world. I am pleased that my regular readers span the political and religious spectrum.  If you have any general comments or suggestions for Religion Clause's upcoming year, feel free to e-mail me at religionclause@gmail.com .

Best wishes for 2011!

Howard M. Friedman