- Edward J. Larson, Creationism in the Classroom: Cases, Statutes, and Commentary (West, 2013).
- John T. Noonan, Jr. and Edward M. Gaffney, Religious Freedom: History, Cases and Other Materials on the Interaction of Religion and Government, 3d (Foundation Press, 2011).
- Michael W. McConnell , John H. Garvey , Thomas C. Berg, Religion and the Constitution, Third Edition, (Wolters Kluwer, 2011).
- Understanding Islamic Law, (Lexis-Nexis, 2011).
- Leslie C. Griffin, Law and Religion, Cases and Materials, 2d (West, 2010).
- Arthur D. Hellman, William D. Araiza and Thomas E. Baker, First Amendment Law: Freedom of Expression & Freedom of Religion, Second Edition (Lexis-Nexis, 2010) with 2012 Supplement.
- Leslie C. Griffin, Law and Religion: Cases in Context, (Wolters Kluwer, 2010).
- Daniel O. Conkle, Constitutional Law - The Religion Clauses, 2d (Turning Point Series) (Foundation Press, 2009).
- Alan E. Brownstein and Leslie Jacobs, Global Issues in Freedom of Speech and Religion: Cases and Materials (West, 2009).
- W. Cole Durham Jr. and Brett G. Scharffs, Law and Religion: National, International, and Comparative Law Perspectives, (Wolters Kluwer, 2009).
- Frank S. Ravitch, Law and Religion, A Reader: Concepts, Cases and Theory, 2d (West, 2008).
- Stephen G. Gey, Religion and the State, Second Edition, (Lexis-Nexis, 2006).
- James S. Serritella, et. al., Religious Organizations in the United States: A Study of Identity, Liberty, and the Law, (Carolina Academic Press, 2006).
- Eugene Volokh, The Religion Clauses and Related Statutes: Problems, Cases and Policy Arguments (Foundation Press, 2005).
- Martin H. Belsky and Joseph Bessler-Northcutt, Law and Theology, (Carolina Academic Press, 2005).
- Thomas C. Berg, The State and Religion in a Nutshell, 2d (West, 2004).
- Michael S. Ariens and Robert A. Destro, Religious Liberty in a Pluralistic Society, Second Edition (Carolina Academic Press, 2002).
- Rodney A. Smolla, The First Amendment: Freedom of Expression, Regulation of Mass Media, Freedom of Religion (Carolina Academic Press, 2000).
- Arnold H. Loewy, Religion and the Constitution: Cases and Materials (West, 1999), with 2002 Supplement.
- Justice Menachem Elon, Jewish Law (Mishpat Ivri): Cases and Materials, (Lexis-Nexis, 1999).
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
A Survey of Law School Teaching Materials On Religious Liberty, Law and Religion
As the new semester begins at American law schools, here is a guide to in-print casebooks and materials for teaching of law school courses on religious liberty or law and religion. Books are listed by date of publication, most recent first: