Monday, August 19, 2013

NJ Governor Signs Bill Banning Conversion Therapy; Says He Disagrees With Church's View of Homosexuality As Sinful

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie today signed A 3371, a bill that bans licensed mental health, social work and counseling professionals from engaging in in sexual orientation change efforts with a person under 18 years of age. In his signing statement (full text), Christie said that while he is concerned about limiting parental choice, exposing children to the mental health risks of conversion therapy without clear evidence of benefits that outweigh the serious risks is not appropriate. A press release from the governor's office announcing the signing included an exchange between Christie and CNN's Pierce Morgan:
Piers Morgan: Is homosexuality a sin?
Governor Christie: Well my religion says it’s a sin. I mean I think, but for me, I’ve always believed that people are born with the predisposition to be homosexual. And so I think if someone is born that way it’s very difficult to say then that’s a sin. But I understand that my Church says that, but for me personally I don’t look at someone who is homosexual as a sinner.
USA Today reports on the bill signing.

4 comments:

JohnL said...

Gov Christie obviously does not know what his Church teaches in respect to homosexuality. To be homosexual is not a sin - homosexual acts like all sexual acts heterosexual or homosexual, outside of marriage, are regarded by the Church as sinful. As the Church sees it sexual acts should be in line with nature and must be open to the purpose of that act. Bagsy

Sacred Library said...

Gov Christi claims to know what the Catholic Church teaches: "Well my religion says it’s a sin...but for me personally I don’t look at someone who is homosexual as a sinner." Therefore, he is consciously going against the Catholic Church and Christianity to deliberately prevent anyone from seeking professional healing and freedom.

What Christie doesn't know is the Word of God and Who it is he's actually defying. With this bill, he will harm many lives and souls seeking professional, secular help in NJ, but Christie nor any civil Government can prevent the grace, healing and freedom that comes from God within the Church and other religions and people who know God their Creator and His will.

Praying for the Lord's help for all who are seeking deliverance.

citifine limo said...


I am very amazed by the information of this blog and i am glad i had a look over the blog. thank you so much for sharing such great information.
airport limos in nj

citifine limo said...

I am very amazed by the information of this blog and i am glad i had a look over the blog. thank you so much for sharing such great information.
airport limos in nj