Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Energy Secy. Perry Compares Trump To Biblical Kings

The Hill reports on the release last weekend by Fox and Friends of portions of an interview with retiring Energy Secretary Rick Perry.  In the interview, Perry says that Trump is"the Chosen One" who was "sent by God to do great things." Rick Perry told the Fox interviewer:
God's used imperfect people all through history. King David wasn't perfect. Saul wasn't perfect. Solomon wasn't perfect....  And I actually gave the president a little one-pager on those Old Testament kings about a month ago and I shared it with him. I said, 'Mr. President, I know there are people that say you said you were the chosen one and I said, 'You were.’
I said, 'If you're a believing Christian, you understand God's plan for the people who rule and judge over us on this planet in our government.’