Thursday, October 22, 2015

Donald Trump: Closing Certain Mosques To Fight ISIS Might Be OK

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump has created a new controversy in an Oct. 20 interview (video of full interview) on Fox Business Varney & Co. in which he suggested that he might favor closing of certain mosques as a method to fight ISIS.  As reported by Mediaite:
Host Stuart Varney asked about a series of anti-ISIS measures the British government has taken. “They’ve got a whole new series of proposals to deal with this, including withdrawal of passports from some of these people who’ve gone over just to fight–”
“Absolutely. Good, good,” Trump said.
“…and closing some mosques,” he continued. “Would you do the same thing in America?”
“I would do that,” Trump responded. “Absolutely, I think it’s great.”
“Can you do it?” pressed Varney. “Can you close a mosque? We do have religious freedom.”
“Well, I don’t know,” Trump admitted. “I mean, I haven’t heard about the closing of the mosque. It depends, if the mosque is, you know, loaded for bear, I don’t know. You’re going to have to certainly look at it.”