Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Review of Religious Beliefs of the 12 Remaining Presidential Candidates

Religion Unplugged reviews information on the religious affiliation of 12 candidates still in the Presidential primaries for 2024. It also quotes notable things each candidate has said about faith. For example:

Joe Biden (Catholic): “Like so many people, my faith has been the bedrock foundation of my life: it’s provided me comfort in moments of loss and tragedy, it’s kept me grounded and humbled in times of triumph and joy.”

Donald Trump (Raised Presbyterian, now a non-denominational Christian): “I grew up going to church with my family in New York City. My parents taught me the importance of faith and prayer from a young age...."

Nikki Haley (Raised Hindu, converted to Christianity ): “When you have God, you quickly understand there's nothing you can't overcome.”